BUDDHA BAR MANILA (“BUDDHA BAR”) abides by the policies of the State to protect the fundamental human right to privacy and communication, while supportive in ensuring the free flow of information for innovation.
III. Definition of Terms
The terms provided herein can be found under R.A. 10173, Sec. 3, par. b, par. c, par. g and par. l, respectively.
Consent of the data subject refers to any freely given, specific, informed indication of will, whereby the data subject agrees to the collection and processing of personal information about and/or relating to him or her. Consent shall be evidenced by written, electronic or recorded means. It may also be given on behalf of the data subject by an agent specifically authorized by the data subject to do so.
Data subject – refers to an individual whose personal information is processed.
Personal Information – refers to any information whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
Sensitive Personal Information – refers to personal information:
(1) About an individual’s race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical or political affiliations;
(2) About an individual’s health, education, genetic or sexual life of a person, or to any proceeding for any offense committed or alleged to have been committed by such person, the disposal of such proceedings, or the sentence of any court in such proceedings;
(3) Issued by government agencies peculiar to an individual which includes, but not limited to, social security numbers, previous or current health records, licenses or its denials, suspension or revocation, and tax returns; and
(4) Specifically established by an executive order or an act of Congress to be kept classified.
Consent or authorization from clients and customers of BUDDHA BAR will be secured first prior to any collection, process, storage, access, use, and sharing or transfer of personal data given to BUDDHA BAR. Consent will be secured through paper-based or electronic form.
V. Processing of Personal Data
The data that BUDDHA BAR may collect, store, process, or use from its clients or customers may vary depending upon the transaction entered into with BUDDHA BAR.
A. Data obtained or processed by BUDDHA BAR MANILA through any forms or communications submitted to us.
That information with an asterisk (*) is considered to be sensitive information under the Data Privacy Act.
Your Personal Information:
• Contact number,
• Location, (whether local or abroad)
• Civil Status*
• Specimen Signature.*
Your personal circumstances:
• Family background,
• Educational Background*
• Employment History,*
• Medical records;*
• Contents of any Government ID;*
• Other personal information necessary for the delivery of our service you intend to
avail of. *
• CCTV footages for security purposes when you visit BUDDHA BAR.
• Other information contained in or relating to any communications that you submit to us through any means,
Data we obtain in accessing our website at buddhabarmanila.com
• Your IP address and cookies from which you accessed our website, and details of which version of web browser and operating system you used,
• The date and time of your visit in our website,
• Google Analytics data, which is information on how you use our website, using cookies, and page tagging techniques to help us improve our website,
• The website address of the website from which you accessed our website,
• The approximate location from which you viewed our website.
B. How are the data obtained from clients and customers USED by BUDDHA BAR
• Respond to your inquiries or complaints regarding your transaction/s,
• Assess your qualifications before granting your request to any of our products or services,
• Track the status of your request,
• Deliver announcements and other relevant information,
• Maintain and update your account or transaction in our records and/or system,
• To facilitate your use of our website and services,
• Comply with any laws, orders or regulations of any Government agencies, and orders of Philippine Courts,
• Comply with any company policy of BUDDHA BAR.
• Research in developing and improving our products and services,
• For Advertisement and Marketing purposes but without disclosure of any of your data,
• Such other legitimate purposes.
VI. How the data under the custody of BUDDHA BAR Accessed and Stored
It is to be stressed that due to the serious effort of BUDDHA BAR to protect all data under its custody, only the client or customer himself or herself as well as the authorized representative of BUDDHA BAR can access such personal data. Authorized representative of BUDDHA BAR whose task is to process data of clients or customers are under an obligation of confidentiality.
We store the data we collect from you in the database of BUDDHA BAR as long as necessary for the purpose by which you avail any of the products or services of BUDDHA BAR. Our information storage mechanism ensures secure storage of your data. BUDDHA BAR also has policies and procedures intended to protect data under its custody. BUDDHA BAR’s database and websites are regularly checked for any suspicious activity that may affect the data under our custody.
VII. How BUDDHA BAR shares, transfers, or discloses information under its custody
BUDDHA BAR may disclose data of its clients or customers regarding any transaction:
• With various units within BUDDHA BAR to fully understand the transaction of the client or customer or for any investigation conducted by BUDDHA BAR to prevent any unlawful or suspicious activity.
• To any of its affiliates or third-parties for legitimate purposes and only in connection with the services and products that BUDDHA BAR provides.
• To any service providers who may need access to the information for the purpose of carrying out work on behalf of BUDDHA BAR
• To any Government agencies pursuant to law, regulations, or investigations conducted by them
• To a third person if it is pursuant to a Court order
• To the client or customer with regard to their own account or record under the custody of BUDDHA BAR, when requested.
VIII. Retention and Deletion of Personal Data
BUDDHA BAR, in compliance with Data Privacy Act, will only retain personal data collected from its websites or from forms or communications submitted to us, for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the data was obtained or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or for legitimate business purposes, or as provided by law.
BUDDHA BAR hereby informs all data subjects that the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of his or her personal information from the custody of BUDDHA BAR is based upon discovery and substantial proof that the personal information of the data subject are incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, used for unauthorized purposes or are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
IX. What are your rights under the Data Privacy Act as Data Subject (IRR of R.A. No. 10173, Rule VIII, Sec. 34)
a. Right to be informed
b. Right to object
c. Right to access
d. Right to rectification
e. Right to erasure or blocking of Personal Data
Complaints/ Security Breach Incident: firstname.lastname@example.org
XI. Other policies.